Saturday 5 November 2011

All Butter, All Delicious


I've been so busy trying to think up interesting and slightly kooky flavours, that I realised I haven't actually made plain, beautiful, all guilt butter shortbread in a long time. Back to my roots, back to the beginning...this cookie is where it all began for me. Luckily, my local grocer stocks plenty of butter to keep me in business. Speaking of business, I may have a little project to do in the next couple of weeks. It's one of the other reasons I wanted to make these sugary jewels. There is an event happening in a few weeks and shortbread is in demand! Woohoo!!! A little practise never hurt anyone, right?


Call it Spring Training (in November) and I'm the pitcher. Plus, I'm wearing the apron I made a few weeks ago...so I know this batch will taste extra yummy :)

Happy baking!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Henni! Mmm, Butter Cookies. I love then and yours look mah-velous. Butter is our friend and I love Julia Child's quote:
    “If you're afraid of butter, use cream.”
    I enjoy reading your exploits. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mario! Thank goodness for people like Julia! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving as well. Keep posting your fabulous travels and food, I'm living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete