Monday 31 October 2011

(I'm a) Sewing Machine!


That's right. You heard it here first. Pinnies and Poppy Seeds has officially begun making adorable, chic, bake-tastic pinnies! I felt inspired after perusing the web and feeling super disappointed that I couldn't really find anything I liked. There are tons of people and businesses selling aprons, but..and I mean no disrespect...do they think people don't care how they look in the kitchen?! Or...maybe I'm just a nutter who thinks my kitchen is a catwalk! Oooh goodness me, is it time for a little one-to-one with myself? Surely not! I know there are fabulous women out there aching for cute aprons to make them feel like the true domestic goddesses they really are! So, I've endeavoured to put my sewing machine to work making pinnies that would make Nigella proud! (Does anyone else want to be Nigella Lawson as much as me?).

So, here's my first attempt at the kind of pinnie that I think makes the perfect partner to my little shortbread cookies. What do you think?

Is anyone else goin' to town with their sewing machine?? What are some of the goodies you're making up? Let me know in the comments section!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your new blog design. It looks great!
    I used to sew all the time making skirts and bags for my friends and I, but now that I'm in University there just isn't enough time. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It took me ages to figure out how to put a photo behind the header hahaha. I am so technologically stunted! Yeah, I'm totally getting into the sewing thing. It's so calming...hopefully when you get a chance between papers and class and all that uni craziness, you can get your sewing machine out!

    ReplyDelete