Tuesday 17 April 2012

'Tis the Season for Loooooooooove!

Summer is fast approaching and, as we all know (or at least I count down each day until it arrives!!!), with it comes WEDDING SEASON!!!! If I haven't said it before, I love, love, love this time of year. Yes, The Handsome Hunter and I had our wedding in June last year, and yes, I think that summer just oozes romance...but I love it for this simple reason: because you never know when, where, or what time of day you will happen upon a wedding. Especially in Edinburgh. Walking up the high street, it could be the middle of the week at 11:00am, and as you pass by the Registrar, you see a group of people gathered around billowing white silk. And you can just make out the promise of a kiss made for the first time, and you can see the faces of people wishing so badly that happiness finds those two people for the rest of their lives. I just can't get enough of those moments...maybe we'll just need to get married again!!! The point is I love doing wedding favours. Over the weekend I was working on some favours for a lovely couple, Eddie and Esther, who got married today!! They had their own cutters so I just baked and handed them over. But I made sure to have my own fun first...made up a few wedding favours to show you lovely people just what we can do here at Pinnies and Poppy Seeds. So, take a look and feel the love!!









Sweet Cardamom flowers and Lemon and Poppy Seed hearts



















Our hand stamped tags can be personalised to say a number of different things (ok, no novels!). We can do initials, monograms, single letters, 'love', 'Mr. & Mrs'...you get the idea. Just ask and we will do our best to make it work! I'll be putting up some images of other stamps we do in the near future...so keep posted for that.







And in the spirit of Wedding Season, make sure you tell someone today how special they are to you :)

Happy Baking!

xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the flower shaped cookies! They are perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete